Wednesday, October 22, 2008

NIGHTMARE TIME #1


Today we were talking about Joseph Merrick, better known as the Elephant Man, and I brought up Grace McDaniels, the woman on the right of this photo. You can read her full story here.

Usually old photographs are kind of creepy because the subjects are dead, but this one has a little extra punch to it, don't you think? It kind of looks like she's crying, too.

What's also of note is that her teeth were spiny, black, and misaligned. I wonder what her breath smelled like.
-Matt

4 comments:

Riley said...

JESUS

Anonymous said...

Is this what you wanted me to see?? Did you think I would be strangely fascinated? DID YOU?

(dammit you were right)

Matt said...

I kind of wrote it with you in mind, Katie. You might also be interested in this: http://www.charonboat.com/cgi-bin/ItemView.cgi?id=191

Anonymous said...

I think this says more about me than I am comfortable with.